Satir was ahead of her time in some of her practices, so this is a chance to really shed some light on the impact she has made. Combined with what we know now about the brain and human psychology as a whole, it is easy to see that Satir’s emphasis on human connection is exactly what an addict in recovery needs to experience. Teresa shares her wealth of wisdom and more this week, so you won’t want to miss it!
- Discover Virginia Satir, and her incredible methods for therapy.
- Growth models rather than the pathology of people and problems.
- Experiential part of the Satir Method.
- Emotions are felt in the body to fill in the gaps.
- How the Satir model and addiction recovery comes together.
- How Satir shows up in more “current” therapy practices.
- Using imagery and experience to allow addicts to be themselves.
To learn more about the work that Teresa and her colleagues are doing, head on over to www.thesacredjourneycounselling.com
Or you can email her at email@example.com or call her at 778-714-9993
If you like the show, you can support it directly on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/theaddictedmind
Thanks for rating and reviewing on iTunes! Every little bit makes a difference.