Powered by RedCircle
So how can we care for veterans as they navigate PTSD symptoms? The good news is that the stigma around mental health disorders is rapidly changing. Now more than ever before, there are people like Dr. Naughton who have the resources to help veterans and their unique experiences of trauma and addiction. Help is here! Listen to see just how much we can do for our Veterans.
- We talk a lot about PTSD, but what exactly is it?
- Trauma for combat veterans cannot be processed
- Trauma for combat veterans cannot be processed at the moment.
- Symptoms were actually an adaptive change to help veterans survive.
- Diving in on why certain people deal with PTSD and others do not.
- Treatment is becoming less stigmatized.
- Dr. Naughton explains why trauma focused and addiction focused therapy is a delicate balance.
- Learn the difference between exposure and cognitive therapy treatments.
If you or a Veteran you know is struggling, go to the VA. They have the resources and the systems in place to help you.
If you are a Veteran struggling with PTSD, please reach out to The Veteran’s Crisis Line at https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
The Crisis Line Phone number is